Fast 5 | Quick Interviews With Inspiring Women
1. What is the inspiration behind Everest Designs?
I would say the inspiration comes from the men and women I work with in Nepal. Our design process is very collaborative. I am fortunate to work with a very talented crew - some of the best people in Nepal work with Everest Designs.
2. How long have you been in business?
3. What’s the biggest challenge creating hand made products?
In order to maintain quality control in small scale cottage manufacturing, you need really good communication between all departments. In Nepal there are many social hierarchies so an environment of trust needs to be cultivated in such a way that people can speak up without fear of reprisal.
4. Do you travel to Nepal often?
Usually twice a year.
5. What’s next for Everest Designs?
We are working on new product categories like skirts, hand bags and scarves and like always We plan to stick to our knitting.